The biggest benefits of L&P to me were the program's support for taking time to learn about Web 2.0 tools and the structure it gave us to follow. I often hear about new tools and try them out, only to not get back to them and incorporate them into my routine, simply because it just seems easier to do it the way I've always done it. Taking more time with the tools, has helped me to learn more about which ones fit my needs and has allowed me to actually incorporate them into my daily work and life. Although I was familiar with most of the tools, the biggest surprise to me was the value of Twitter in making connections. In fact, I've also just joined a Yammer account for CML, which is more work-focused.
There are many things that I will do differently as a result of L&P, not only professionally with sites such as Delicious or Twitter or Yammer, but personally as well. Through this program, I've learned about a genealogy site called My Heritage where I've begun to store my family research. I've already found others who use the site with entries that match my family tree! This was definitely a valuable exercise for CML. It seems to me that staff learned not only about the tools, but also about each other. All in all, this was a successful program that I hope we repeat in the future!
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
congrats Macrina on making to the end.
Post a Comment