Sunday, November 30, 2008

#22 - MOLDI

I am not a huge audio-book fan. Just can't seem to focus my attention without the visual stimulus. But, I've always been intrigued by e-books. It would be great to carry around multiple books on a trip or to the doctor's office in one device. The ability to search the text of a work or adjust the display for optimal viewing are other attractive features to me, at least in theory. I'm not sure how these work in practice yet. I've read that the technology is not quite there yet, despite the apparent appeal of the Kindle.

Even if the device works well enough, you have to find something to read on it. MOLDI's collection continues to remain pretty limited for my taste. I looked for two popular books I've been wanting to read and neither were a part of their audio- or ebook collections. That's the main problem for me with such free services. If you're looking for something specific, you'll probably have to look elsewhere... and pay for it. For those looking for something more general, it's a nice service.

No comments: