Tuesday, October 14, 2008

#11 - Library Thing, Good - Memory, Bad

I signed up for a LibraryThing account earlier this year, but because I go through long phases when I don't do a lot of pleasure reading (bad, librarian, very bad), the account sat there unused except for one or two lonely selections. L&P has encouraged me to get back to it. Plus, I actually read a new book during the recent power outage! So, I added it -- The Assassin's Accomplice: Mary Surratt and the Plot to Kill Abraham Lincoln -- to my LibraryThing library, along with some of my favorite books from the past.

Confession: I have a very hard time remembering titles and authors, and I think this type of tool will be of great help when I struggle for the name of that author whose book I liked so much. Before I add too much though, I'd like to check out goodreads too and see which one I prefer. I do like goodread's bookshelf concept, where I can have shelves for books read, currently reading, and plan to read. Anybody out there who uses one of these book tracking tools, I'd love to hear about the one you use and why you like it before I make the switch.

No comments: