The last couple of days, as Learn & Play has kicked off, I’ve been hearing over and over that it’s “never too late" to be a lifelong learner. The interesting thing is that I decided on that name for my blog last week! Because of the tie-in, I just had to pick “viewing problems as challenges” as my easiest lifelong learning habit. It’s easy to find an excuse not to learn a new skill, but when we embrace “it’s never too late” or “it’s okay not to be perfect” or whatever, it’s just as easy to defuse the excuse.
I started to blog nearly a year ago, but just didn’t stick with it. Learn & Play is like a second chance for me to try again. If it’s not too late for me, it’s not too late or too [fill in the blank here] for you too.
So, I’m challenging all my manager colleagues and others who may feel like they just don’t have time to be curious… to explore… yes, I’ll say it, to play… to make that time. For the librarians among you, tap into your innate curiosity and discover what these new tools are all about. We’ll learn… and play… together. I’d love to hear about your experiences here, and I know I’ll need your help as well.
Check back often to find a tip, ask a question or answer one. Let’s get the discussion started!
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Macrina,
I luv the title of your blog. Very clever!
Mac,
Never 2 late--I love it. Check out my blog, you may find it interesting seeing as how you and I and several others are already on the right track with regards to learning & playing.
I have been testing meebo, twitter and other things online and my journey is on the blog...
--ThunderChyld
I checked out your blog this morning, Rex. Absolutely love it! I commented on your post about "spreading the word" and hope it went thru okay. Let me know if it didn't, k?
Mac,
Your comment didn't go through. If you think of it, send it again--and I will surely reply.
--R
Post a Comment